The European Federation of Cytology Societies (EFCS) exists to
represent Cytology across Europe, and was formed in 1969.
Its objectives are:
- To offer and promote professional training of both medical and non-medical (scientific & technical) cytologists
- To Make recommendations about minimum requirements for the training, qualification & practice of cytology
- To encourage exchange of knowledge and experience with regard to cytology
- To promote scientific and organisational projects with regard to cytology
- To help in matters of problem solving both on scientific and organisational level
- To support cytological applications in order to obtain subsidies
- To offer advice to official health institutions about the role of cytology in disease prevention and diagnostics
- To encourage friendly relations between its members and affiliated members.
The federation will organize congresses, symposia, workshops or training sessions on a regular basis, which will be announced in written or by electronic means.
The organisation can also perform all activities that may be conducive to the realisation of these objects